Exploring the Nature of MindA 7-day Baja Beachfront Retreat - At Prana Del Mar Mexico December 4 - 11, 2021
The Deepest Offerings from the Wisdom Traditions
At this Exploring the Nature of Mind week-long retreat, soak up the sun, savor the natural foods, and meet like-minded people while you learn about some of the deepest offerings from the wisdom traditions.
Overview of the Program
Some Topics We Will Explore:
- What is the nature of mind, or pure awareness?
- Why don’t I recognize it – nature of mind deficit disorder
- Why enlightenment is a false destination
- How did pure awareness become so obscured?
- How the Eight Consciousnesses work to create samsara
- How the Eight Consciousnesses can be transformed into the Five Wisdoms
- The archetypes of contraction and expansion as the basis of samsara and nirvana
- Relationship of outer elements of world, inner elements of body, secret elements of mind
- Why body is as important as mind
- Dzogchen sky gazing and star gazing practice
- What is non-duality – really?
- The power of symbolic guru
- Shaiva Tantra, Kedumah, and Mahamudra: trans-religiosity
Fully Exploring the Natural Beauty and Teaching Inherent in the Setting
Using the tenets of the ancient Kalachakra Tantra, conjoined with modern Deep Ecology and Ecopsychology, we will use the principles of “nature dharma” (ri-chö inTibetan) to teach us. We’ll engage nature to invoke the recognition of the natural state within.
Mixing mind with space-awareness is a central narrative of this program and will be explored with Dzogchen sky gazing and star gazing practice (on a roof top far removed from any light pollution). The Great Outdoors will open the sense gates to the Great Indoors, until we discover the ultimate nonduality of inner and outer.
COVID 19 Vaccinations – We want all attendees to be comfortable in this setting, so we are asking that all attendees provide PROOF of COVID 19 VACCINATION before traveling to Prana Del Mar (we will followup via email after registering to ask you for this). Also, a negative COVID test is required for re-entry into the United States. Prana Del Mar contracts with a clinic that will visit the center to provide testing. The price is $70 USD. Or all travellers can be tested at the airport before departing.
The Benefit of a Secluded Location
The beautiful and secluded nature of the retreat center also creates a powerful container which assists in helping you to explore these deep and subtle practices.
An Inspiring Group of Like-Minded Practitioners
“The practitioner merges with the sound of water to open subtle energy currents within his inner yogic body. When these energies are unified and circulated . . . the chakras open like petals of a lotus and previously hidden dimensions of awareness arise in one’s mindstream.” – The Dalai Lama